“We are very proud to participate in the Armenian Cultural Days in Malta”
30 April on the stage of the Mediterranean conference centre in collaboration with the State Symphony orchestra of Armenia performed brothers Tigran and Narek Hakhnazaryan. Before the concert, they shared their impressions of the Malta International Music Festival with our correspondent.
– Share your opinion about the festival. How do you like the idea of combining a festival of classical music with the Armenian Cultural Days in Malta?
– It is an amazing idea to combine these two events. It was this format that made the festival differ from the others. The Armenian Cultural Days spiced up “the classic recipe”. Thus, the Maltese and people who came here from all over the world could not only enjoy European classical music, but also the national Armenian culture, which, unfortunately, is not well known.
– Traditional Armenian musical instruments were presented within the framework of the festival and the Armenian Cultural Days. What do you think about the popularization of folk instruments in general? Is it really interesting for those who are interested in classical music?
– Of course, we need to promote traditional musical instruments. It is always interesting. Of course, to speak frankly, our instruments are close to our heart, but they can be incomprehensible to others. But, there is an example of a duduk.
Today, absolutely everyone knows this instrument. Moreover, at the moment duduk is the most common instrument in Hollywood. However, I must say that, unfortunately, not everyone who listens to duduk knows that this is an Armenian instrument. However, in 2005 duduk music was recognized as a masterpiece of UNESCO’s World Intangible Cultural Heritage, and since then people have become more aware of this instrument, and this process continues.
– What music would you advise the Maltese should listen in order to understand what the Armenian classical music is?
It may sound trite, but they must listen to the selected works of Aram Khachaturian from his ballets Spartacus and Gayane. “Adagio”, “Lezginka”, “Dance with Sabers” are absolute masterpieces of world classical music, and they characterize the temperament, strength and spirit of the Armenian people in a subtle and correct way.
— Despite the fact that I did not have time to walk in Malta and see all the sights, I can only note that I live on Sakhalin island, and I know perfectly well what an island looks like, what atmosphere and lifestyle it has.
Yesterday the sea was calm, today it is raging, and all this is very close and familiar to me. At the same time, I can say for sure that the locals are friendly, and the atmosphere is warm. Everywhere the inhabitants of the islands are always warm in their relations and very hospitable. The islanders have their own internal climate, their moods and I could feel it from the very first minute when I went out of the plane. Everywhere I was accompanied by a warm atmosphere, which was transferred to me and all participants of the Malta International Music Festival and the Armenian Cultural Days in Malta. I am very proud to participate in the Armenian Cultural Days in Malta, and in general, everything that is connected with my native Armenia makes me feel proud and happy. I live in Sakhalin, but in fact I do not spend much time there because I am touring the world. I often try to visit Armenia. I work closely with the Armenian Philharmonic Orchestra, the State Chamber Orchestra of Armenia and it was my first experience to work with the Armenian State Symphony Orchestra in Malta, especially since the Armenian State Symphony Orchestra was created before our eyes and we were happy to see the achievements of Sergey Smbatyan and the orchestra. I am very proud that cultural figures of such a level represent Armenia in Malta.
Метки статьи:Armenian Cultural Days • Armenian State Symphony Orchestra • European Foundation for Support of Culture • MIMF18 • Malta International Music Festival • Valletta2018
Мария-Луиза Колейро Прека, Президент Мальты: Я восхищаюсь богатой историей России
25 июля 2017
В преддверии дипломатического юбилея нашему журналу выпала честь взять небольшое интервью у Президента Мальты, госпожи Марии-Луизы Колейро Прека.
Легенда Серебряного века Николай Гумилев (продолжение)
11 марта 2020
Николай Гумилев является создателем школы акмеизма. Данное литературное течение противостояло символизму. Представители акмеизма пропагандировали материальность и точность слова, избегая абстрактных понятий
Денис Мацуев, пианист-виртуоз, общественный деятель, Народный артист РФ
23 декабря 2019
Поздравляю читателей «Мальтийского вестника» с новым годом! Желаю добра, мира и чтобы в сердце всегда звучала музыка!
Тостер и швейная машинка для благого дела
23 декабря 2019
Мальтийский аэропорт собрал €12 000 на благотворительность, устроив аукцион потерянных и найденных вещей — сообщает Times of Malta.